This video was taken a few months after we acquired Lewisham Farm, 22 hectares of paradise overlooking Nowra. The property is completely off grid (water, power & sewage), and the land is 2/3 rainforest.
In this aerial view, you can see:
- The farmhouse, which is lovely, but requires a lot of little fixes
- The new solar PV, which we had to put in quickly when the old system died in week one
- One small water tank containing 15,000L, which ran dry at the beginning of Summer
- The concrete pad for the farm shed (now constructed, photos to come!)
- A single beehive, now kept company by two others
- The first two citrus patches, starting our journey towards an edible forest garden
- Plenty of open fields, some of which have been heavily eroded by horses
- The beautiful Australian bush that surrounds our farm
A heap has happened since this has been taken, follow us on instagram for more photos and videos to come!