The wet spring (the wettest on record) has been miserable for us humans, but the garden has been loving it. Plants that did well last year have gone crazy this year, beyond all reasonable expectation.
- Tomato plants (both bush-type and climbing-type) that have gone wild, taking over everything.
- Beans and snowpeas producing vigorously.
- Celery sprouting everywhere, after I let a single plant go to seed last year.
- Sweetcorn that’s higher that us.
- Cucumber plants starting to get out of control.
Now we’ve just got to stop it all getting eaten by caterpillars, and keep on top of our harvesting and eating …