The last major task for the front garden this season was getting in the citrus trees.
Two weekends ago, I started by marking out a garden bed 5.5m x 1.2m, and then dug that down to a depth of a foot-and-a-half (a back-breaking job!). I then constructed a treated pine frame to build the bed up.
I hadn’t quite done the numbers first, and discovered that I’d need an extra 2 tonnes of soil, or thereabouts. So another call to the bulk supplier, and a lot of shovel work later, and the bed was full.
The local Bunnings had a reasonable range of fruit trees, and this is what we ended up putting in:
- Orange, Lane’s Late Navel (full size)
- Lime,Tahitian (full size)
- Orange, Valencia (dwarf)
- Lemon, Meyer (dwarf)
Now to wait a season (or two) for a full crop…